Monday, April 2, 2012

We're not alone!

So much of the time, when you're child is going through all these crazy medical things, you catch yourself thinking, "Wow! Am I the only one...?" And so much of the time, it really feels like you are. Adam and I have had several talks about, "I wonder if anyone else really knows or understands how we feel or what we're going through." Well, several weeks ago, my Mom saw this video on Facebook and reposted it. I was so glad she did that! After watching this video (and crying through most of it) I realized that other parents out there are dealing with the same thing!

It's funny what kind of reactions we get when we tell people about Eli's eating. "So, he won't eat hamburgers or chicken nuggets or mashed potatoes? Not even ice cream?" People don't seem to understand that he really doesn't eat anything, except Go-Gurt. Or the reaction of, "Oh, I know EXACTLY how you feel! My kids won't eat vegetables or turkey." Not to be rude, but NO, you don't know how we feel; constantly having the fear of what if Eli never eats anything else. Or what if there is something wrong with one of the Go-gurts that we give him, and he stops eating the ONLY thing that he currently eats.

Well, back to the video. I hope that this video will help others understand what our lives are like, trying to make sure that Eli at least eats his Go-gurt. Everything else goes through the tube. I hope each of you take the time to watch this video and I truly hope that it will help you to understand what it's like for us.

If I could meet the mother in this video and give her a hug and tell her, "I understand".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAczWiKfk6I

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Rachel! This is Andrea Garner. We used to live down the street from you in Snyder. Kelley sent me the link to your blog. I am so glad you are doing this. Thank you for sharing what I know has been such a difficult journey of love with your precious Eli. I promise to pray for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you commented on here! How are you doing? I hope things are well! Thank you for the support and prayers! It has been a rough go, but progress is coming and we couldn't be happier!

      Delete
    2. We are doing well, thanks. We are loving being grandparents! :-)

      Delete
  2. Rachel, such a long and difficult journey for all of you. You are in our prayers and I know God will put the right doctors in your path.I will be keeping up with Eli's progress and do know that you and Adam are wonderful parents and only want what is best for Eli. Keeping you in our prayers...Butch and Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, Thank you so much! Hearing the words of encouragement really mean so much! And thank you for the prayers. We really do appreciate them!

      Delete