Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Generosity and Kindness

In preparing for Eli's trip to Baylor, Adam and I have been a bit stressed when thinking about the financial side of things. In a previous post, I mentioned a benefit dinner and raffle that Adam and I were trying to put together. I also briefly mentioned a charity golf tournament that our friend Brent was hosting. Well, plans have been made, posters and fliers printed, and the day of the tournament is approaching. So, I wanted to take a minute to, first, thank Brent for his generosity and kindness.

When I first called Brent several weeks ago, it was to tell him about the raffle Adam and I were organizing. Brent owns Melt Restaurant and Bar, as well as Kong's, here in Lubbock. Melt is a great place to eat, so I wanted to ask Brent if he would be willing to donate a gift certificate from Melt for us to raffle off. I did not expect him to offer two $50 gift certificates! After Brent made this offer, he began asking about the raffle and benefit dinner. Then he said, "Well, Melt began hosting a charity golf scramble last year. We're getting ready for this year's scramble, but I haven't chosen a charity yet. How about we make Eli our charity?" I was stunned. I just didn't know what to say! I think I somehow managed to utter the word "YES!". Brent and I have met several times since then to discuss dates, information, etc. concerning the scramble. Each time we meet, I become more and more excited about the tournament! So many people have voiced interest in forming a team or sponsoring a hole. To all those who have asked for information and/or registered, thank you so much! For others who may be interested, below is a copy of the poster with all the information you could need. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! I also have brochures that can be mailed to anyone interested. It is scheduled for Monday, July 9, at Hillcrest Country Club. Registration and fajita lunch begin at 11:30 with a Shotgun Start at 1:00. Thank you in advance for your support and participation!


No comments:

Post a Comment