Sunday, May 13, 2012

So Much to do...

I am happy to say that on Friday, May 4, 2012, I walked across that stage and GRADUATED with my Masters in Counseling!!! I am so very excited and looking forward to this next part of my life. Unfortunately, however, graduating from college has not meant more time to relax or work on my many projects. It seems that I've actually been MORE busy these past few weeks. Now, on top of preparing for Baylor and working on benefits and fundraisers, I am faced with the daunting task of starting paperwork for my LPC Internship License. But, one thing at a time....

Eli's evaluation is quickly approaching. We will leave this Thursday to go to Dallas for Eli's evaluation at Baylor on Friday. Adam and I have already begun making our VERY long list of questions to ask while there. We've also started making the long list of items we need to be sure to pack and take with us to Baylor for while we are there for treatment. For the first two weeks, I will not be able to be involved in Eli's treatment. So, there will be a time of about 5 hours a day that I will be on my own.... talk about NERVES!! Parents are encouraged to leave the hospital during this time, but I can honestly say that I do NOT feel comfortable with doing that just yet. I'm sure it will take me a few days of being there to feel okay with leaving Eli. Fortunately, I have been reading the blog of another mom whose son has already gone through the program there. While I'm glad to have a bit of a "heads up" about the program, it was also a swift kick of reality. I am hopeful that the evaluation will calm some of my fears, as well as help us to better prepare for the actual treatment. It is at this time that we will also find out the definite date we will return for treatment. We've been told that some parents have been asked to return within a matter of days to begin treatment.... or a month and a half away from the time of evaluation.

I preparation for the treatment and the time we will be in Dallas, we are FINALLY setting plans in stone for fundraisers and benefits. Previously, we had discussed having a sit-down benefit brisket dinner. Adam and I talked the other night, and decided to just do a brisket sale. We, along with a BIG help from our friend Dee, will smoke briskets and sell them at a set price. We will do mainly pre-sale briskets, but will also have a few extras for sale. Then we will have a set time, date and location for pick-up. At this point, we are looking at Saturday, June 23. Also, we will have the raffle at this time. I will be finishing up everything on Monday for the raffle items, so we can start selling those tickets by the end of the week. Adam and I will have raffle tickets, as well as order forms for briskets. Some family and friends will also occasionally have packets with raffle tickets and brisket order forms. Once I have completed information on the raffle items, I will post those for everyone to see. If you are interested in buying raffle tickets or briskets, you can always feel free to contact me.

Then, of course we have the golf scramble coming up on July 9. I've posted that information in my previous post.

Lastly, I have had several people ask about making donations to Eli's account at City Bank. City Bank is mainly located in Lubbock and the surrounding counties. If you would like to make a donation to Eli's account, that can be done by mailing a check directly to the bank. The address is 3251 50th Street, Lubbock, Texas 79413. Please be sure to note the Account name: Eli's Baylor fund, as well as the Account number: 31274007.

We also continue to ask for prayers during this time of preparation, as well as during the time of the actual treatment. While we know that this is what is best for Eli and are hopeful for a favorable outcome, it is still scary to think about being away from home for 2 months, as well as away from Adam for a week at a time as he will mainly come to Dallas on weekends. We will definitely be needing prayers for strength, comfort and patience during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment